Happy Friday, friends!
Thank you all for being so loyal and faithful to checking out the blog and what an AMAZING wedding season I’ve had this summer and now the beginning of fall! How did it get here so fast?!
I want to take the next month to really intentionally catch up on personal posts. Because it’s important for you to know not just my work, but who I am. I get that – it’s how you connect to me as your wedding photographer and know my life and heart better! So I promise, more of Kerri Lynne will be coming out in these posts!
I thought I’d kick off this weekend by giving you guys 5 things that you might not know about me!! These are right off the top of my head!
1. My guilty pleasure is chocolate. 72% Swiss to be exact – the fair trade kind from Trader Joe’s…mmm hmm. One of my favorite stories about me and chocolate happened when I was traveling in France a few years back with friends for a conference at Hillsong London. I was on the train from Paris to Lille – and we LOVED getting chocolate croissants there! One of my best friends is a private chef and she looked over at me and said “Ker, you have chocolate all over your face.” I’m actually not embarrassed to share that with you because to me, I felt like I was really savoring life…and that’s always how I hope to live! With a childlike heart and chocolate on my face!
2. My favorite places on this earth (SO FAR!) are Yosemite National Park and the Amalfi Coast of Italy. How are these places even related?! I try to travel the national parks every year (this summer I went to Alaska!), and a few years ago went to Yosemite in California. There was something so pure and unadulterated about the beauty there. The view of El Capitan from Tunnel View, with the Merced River flowing and Bridalveil Falls in the distance. It felt like the way nature was at its creation, so pure and lovely. I wanted to drink it all in. The Amalfi Coast – now that was just gorgeous, with the hills and the outcroppings on the side of the cliffs of the bay of Naples, the lemon stands on the side of the road, and the smell of Italian food. The pace of life in Italy, and the way the FOOD tastes – it feels like the way life should be.
3. My favorite color is orange. I know that’s not a common favorite color. But several years ago I started seeing it on outdoor gear and I also realized how much it reminds me of fall. It’s such a warm color – it makes me think of pumpkin spice lattes and leaves falling all around. They say that how you describe your favorite color is also the way you describe yourself. So for orange, I’d like to say it’s warm, happy, and vibrant.
4. My favorite book is “1000 Gifts” by Ann Voskamp. This book literally changed my life. It was written by a farmer’s wife who battled her way out of anxiety by writing a list of gifts from God, until she reached 1000. I love how the act of being grateful actually opens us up to holding joy. It helps you not only appreciate what you have, but also see the purpose within it. They say gratitude changes everything, and for me, it has. I hope every day to see and thank the loving hand of God in my life. If you feel this way too, you have to check out Ann’s blog – I read it every week!
5. My computer desktop is always a mess. And I’m always reading more than one book at a time. Just wanted to be real with you here. I have not only an iMac, but a MacBook – and I’m always collecting quotes and I screenshot things that are inspiring. I keep photos and keep the folders I’m working on open. And I’m always reading and dog-earring more than one book at a time. What can I say? Being creative I see that it’s easier for me to make messes than to clean them up all the time. A few years ago I took the Strengths Finder 2.0 test and my #1 strength was “Input” – basically, I love to soak up information on what I find interesting. For me, that’s words and images. Which I guess is why I’m a photographer and one day, hope to be a writer too. You can see some of my writing on faith and life’s journey, here.
Have a fabulous weekend, friends! I’m headed off to the Pursuit Conference in Georgia with some of my amazing photographer and creative friends – it’s always so life changing!! But stay tuned because Courtney & Ryan’s wedding, and some fun fall posts will be on the blog next week!